In the age of Instagram, Facebook, Yelp, and Google Business, it’s easy to come to the conclusion that maybe you don’t need a website anymore. As a business owner, you have may be thinking that the website is a waste of money and time and it makes more sense to focus efforts exclusively on social media. However, there are still many reasons why websites still matter in 2021.
1) A website gives you instant authority. A well-designed, user-friendly, website with informative, quality content goes a long way towards establishing trust. A website demonstrates that expertise, authority, and performance. While social media sites come and go, your website should be the central focal point of your online presence that connects everything.
2) Your social media pages aren’t really yours. If you rely exclusively on social media sites, what happens when your entire audience hinges on a social media network and that network starts making decisions that negatively affect you, your customers’ experience, your brand image or identity, or all of the above? Social media sites change algorithms without warning, create new rules that may restrict your ability to communicate with your customers, or even disappear altogether. Anyone remember MySpace or Friendster? When you drive traffic to your own website, you are and will always be in control of these factors.
3) Your Local SEO depends on your website. If you want good search results, you need a solid internet presence. A website is a fundamental part of that internet presence. You need your own domain and your own unique content. While it isn’t impossible, it’s far more difficult to rank in the local pack listings without your own website.
4) You get a huge return on your marketing investment. Consider the cost of printed marketing materials and then think about the cost of designing a website. It almost always makes sense to invest in a website.
5) A website is the home base that connects all of your other marketing efforts. Your website is the true hub of your online presence. You can display products, provide educational or informational materials, and demonstrate your industry expertise.
6) Consumers expect it. While people are increasingly able to find the information they need and take action directly from search results, most consumers expect a local business to have a website. In The Digital Consumer Study, the Local Search Association found that 63% of consumers used the website to find a local business or interact with it.
7) Websites are important for link building. Links are essential for SEO but they are even more important for referrals. A business website has greater authority and of greater use when it comes to promoting your brand.
8) Websites are essential for building your brand. It’s impossible to create a professional image for your brand without a website. Anything short of a website looks cheap and unprofessional.
9) Websites are great tools for customer service. Modern customers look to social media for customer service, but that isn’t always practical or efficient. Having your own website allows you to take control of your customer service process and direct customers to up-to-date FAQ pages or customer service contact info simply by sharing a link.
10) Your competitors have one. If you don’t have a website, then you need a fully SEO optimized responsive website.
If you don’t know where to start, we can help you build a fully SEO optimized, mobile responsive website and get you ranking in local search results on Google, help you run ads, build and boost credibility online, and get more business.